Andreas M. Antonopoulos is a Greek-British California-based bitcoin advocate, born in 1972. His book Mastering Bitcoin (June 2017) is considered the best technical guide to bitcoin. Learn more about the author, his book, as well as ratings and reviews on the latter.
Andreas M. Antonopoulos is a technologist, serial entrepreneur, public speaker, teacher and writer who has become one of the most well-known and well-respected figures in bitcoin.
Andreas obtained his degree in Computer Science and Data Communications and Distributed Systems from University College London.
As a bitcoin entrepreneur, he has founded a number of bitcoin businesses and launched several community open-source projects. His advisor skills consist in helping startups recognize, evaluate, and navigate security and business risks. In other words, he offers expert witness testimony as an expert in the security, technical details and use of crypto-currencies, worldwide.
As an engaging public speaker, teacher and writer, he makes complex subjects accessible and easy to understand. More precisely, Andreas M. Antonopoulos is a frequent speaker at technology and security conferences worldwide, a teaching fellow for the M.S. Digital Currencies at the University of Nicosia in Cyprus and a widely published author of two economics books, more than two hundred articles and many blog posts on bitcoin. He is also a permanent host on the popular Let’s Talk Bitcoin Podcast.
His two books are titled: The Internet of Money (2016), an essay about why bitcoin matters, and Mastering Bitcoin (2017), a technical guide to bitcoin, which is summarized below.
Join the technological revolution that’s taking the financial world by storm. Mastering Bitcoin is your guide through the seemingly complex world of bitcoin, providing the knowledge you need to participate in the internet of money. Whether you’re building the next killer app, investing in a startup, or simply curious about the technology, this revised and expanded second edition provides essential detail to get you started.
Bitcoin, the first successful decentralized digital currency, is still in its early stages and yet it’s already spawned a multi-billion-dollar global economy open to anyone with the knowledge and passion to participate. Mastering Bitcoin provides the knowledge. You simply supply the passion.
The second edition includes:
- A broad introduction of bitcoin and its underlying blockchain—ideal for non-technical users, investors, and business executives
- An explanation of the technical foundations of bitcoin and cryptographic currencies for developers, engineers, and software and systems architects
- Details of the bitcoin decentralized network, peer-to-peer architecture, transaction lifecycle, and security principles
- New developments such as Segregated Witness, Payment Channels, and Lightning Network
- A deep dive into blockchain applications, including how to combine the building blocks offered by this platform into higher-level applications
- User stories, analogies, examples, and code snippets illustrating key technical concepts
More information on the